We currently operate the following Sites:
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION. Emtrace does not collect any Personal Information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to provide us your Personal Information (such as name, e-mail address, and mailing address), we will only collect the Personal Information which is needed to fulfill your requests and/or our legitimate business objectives. If you refuse to divulge your Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to access certain areas of our Sites.
2. SITE REGISTRATION. In order for you to register for an account Emtrace may require you to provide us with certain information including your name, birth date, e-mail address, state and country of residence, and zip/postal code. Emtrace does not require personal information to obtain access to any of our Sites; however, you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
3. PAYMENTS. When you register for any fee-based services, and depending on the type of payment method you use, we may also require that you provide us with the necessary billing information including your name, credit card or payment information, and street address, so that we may provide the service or product to you (according to the terms of the sale, including for example the end user license agreements and terms of service for our fee-based services). In order to resolve issues related to customer service, billing questions, technical and computer support, we may also require you to provide some Personal Information so that we may resolve such issues properly.
Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or "Help" screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of our Sites may not function properly.
We also maintain log files which contain Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. In general, we only use log files to monitor traffic on our Sites, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and to troubleshoot technical problems. In the event of user abuse of our Sites, however, we may block certain IP addresses. IP addresses may be used to personally identify you in order to enforce our Terms of Service.
6. STATISTICAL AND USAGE DATA. When you use our Sites and respective services, we may retrieve information about your hardware system and how our services are used, including your Internet Protocol Address. We use this information to enable you to use our services over the Internet. We also use this information to better understand the behavior and preferences of our customers, so that we can improve our products and services. We will never use this information to personally identify you without your knowledge or consent.
When you have provided personal information to us for a particular purpose, we may disclose your information to other companies that we have engaged to assist us in fulfilling your request. This may include, but is not limited to, fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third party service providers.
To enforce legal rights and comply with the law, or to comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority, or when we have reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, we may also disclose personal information to law enforcement, or the appropriate civil authorities when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you for the purpose of providing you with technical support, customer service, and account maintenance. We use the information we collect to learn what you like, tailor your experience accordingly, and to improve web sites and our other products.
Your email address will be used to contact you regarding specific issues related to your account. You may also receive special notices and offers for products and services offered by Emtrace. You will be given the opportunity to "opt out" of any mailings which do not include critical information regarding your active account by following the directions contained in the e-mail to "unsubscribe." Except as described in this policy, we will not give any of your personal information to any third party without your express approval.
We sometimes share general, demographic, or aggregated (not personal) information with third parties about our user base, but that information does not include any personal information.
You will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, a subsequent owner or operator of the Sites, of any personal information contained in our database for such site, if Emtrace or one of its companies assigns all of its rights and obligations regarding the use of your personal information at the time of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of Emtrace assets to a subsequent owner or operator, or similar event.
Please do not use your real name or the real name of another person when selecting a user name. Please note that your user name will be available to the Internet's general public while you participate in some services, like message boards, so you should exercise discretion when using these services. We are not responsible for protecting such information that you may disclose to third parties through our services.
8. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. Because our Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, we prohibit registration to persons under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an account on our Sites, you may not sign up for any fee-based services or buy anything through our Sites. We will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13.
11. ACCESSING, CHANGING OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION. To review and update your Personal Information stored with Emtrace, please access your account. If you choose to have your Personal Information removed from our active databases, we will do so within a reasonable time after your request and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is not used (except as may be required by law) by us after your notification to us.
12. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our Sites, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
June 17, 2009